Clubs and Activities
As required by California Law, our Board of Trustees has adopted academic eligibility standards for participation in extracurricular activities. Please review the information in this letter carefully if you are interested in participating in extracurricular activities here at Delhi High School. These academic requirements do not apply to summer activities.
This policy affects the following groups of students: student-athletes and extracurricular activity members, i.e., mascots, short flags, etc...
Briefly, here is a summary of the new requirements:
1. Athletes and pep unit members, must have a minimum 2.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA) in order to participate. This is not a cumulative GPA—it is the GPA from the preceding quarter grading period.
2. In addition to the requirements established by our District, student-athletes must meet CIF eligibility requirements.
3. Students who wish to participate in a school activity must attend all of their classes on the day of the activity unless the absence received prior written administrative approval.
4. Summer school grades shall be added to the fourth quarter grades to determine eligibility for the first quarter of the upcoming school year only, at the written request of the student and parent(s) submitted to the Assistant Principal, Instruction/Student Affairs not later than the first day of school for students in September.
5. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of the eligibility requirements. It is the responsibility of the principal or designee to notify the student/parent when the student has failed to meet the requirements.
If you have questions about eligibility, please call the office at 209-656-2050